Faribault acquires Beacon Blanket plant
By Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 1/28/2003 2:52:00 PM
Faribault, MN — In a bid to build a platform as a full-service, multi-fiber bed blanket producer, Faribault Woolen Mills, a venerable 138-year-old supplier, has acquired the Westminster, SC, cotton and acrylic blanket producing plant once operated by the defunct Beacon Blanket Co.
Michael Harris, ceo, president and majority-owner, told HTT that Faribault is acquiring the assets of the Westminster operation — a 600,000-square-foot plant, including weaving, finishing and a dye-house — and will show off a full range of new Faribault product, in wool, cotton and acrylic at the March home textiles market in New York. "We are currently in the process of shopping for a permanent New York showroom," said Harris. He declined to specify a purchase price.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...