Harris leaves Revere to join global sourcing home furnishings company
by Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 6/23/2006 10:54:00 AM
Des Plaines, Ill. – Bath towel supplier Revere Mills International Group will soon say goodbye to Dan Harris, its longtime vp of marketing and product development.
After 10 “great years” with Revere, Harris told HTT, he is resigning his post to join home furnishings product development company OTB Marketing LLC.
He joins this global sourcing operation as its president, effective July 7.
“I felt that the time was right to use my years of retail and product development experience in other home categories,” he said. “Most of my retail and development experience is in decorative home in addition to textiles. I will concentrate in those areas, which is broad enough to keep the entrepreneurial spirit going."
Harris said he will continue to be based in New Jersey.
He added, “The future is working directly with quality overseas suppliers directly with retailers for exclusive product, at the right price, but developed with an American eye. You don't need a contract sourcing company trying to be all things to all categories with little or no product knowledge.”
Lori Gideon, owner of Revere Mills, was said to be out of the office Friday and could not be reached for comment.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...