Shlensky emerges at Maytex
By Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 10/6/2004 11:08:00 AM
YONKERS, N.Y. -- Maytex Mills Inc. has hired former Sure Fit CEO Bert Shlensky to lead the development of a major effort in the ready-made slipcover business.
Maytex plans to show a complete line at the upcoming New York Home Textiles Market and to begin shipping product in the spring of 2005.
Shlensky said, “I am joining Maytex because of their design, sourcing, service, and marketing skills. My role is to help them adapt their capabilities into the slipcover business.”
He added, “Too much attention has been focused on making cheaper products rather than capitalizing on the styling, fabrics, sewing changes and values that can be introduced through strong global sourcing.”
Maytex’s other product categories include shower curtains, bath accessories, curtains and tabletop.
Shlensky has more than 25 years of experience in the apparel and textile industries, and spent the last 13 years at Sure Fit as president and CEO. He has been known for his innovative marketing and product development initiatives.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...