NYIGF Enhances Website
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 2/25/2011 3:37:59 AM
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - The New York International Gift Fair has upgraded its website - www.nyigf.com - to offer its exhibitors additional interactive search tools.
The new product search tool, which was made to complement NYIGF's Online Catalog Gallery, gives retailers access to more detailed product and vendor information through a simple keyword search.
"Buyers can now search in broader strokes for product information, and get a more complete picture of the breadth and depth of products available at NYIGF," said Dorothy Belshaw, director of NYIGF and senior vice president of GLM. "Not only does this make searches more efficient, it also facilitates the identification of complementary resources."
Keyword searches will now extend beyond exhibitor-supplied product category designations to include relevant product listings found in exhibitor catalogs posted to NYIGF's Online Catalog Gallery, increasing the potential to find suitable resources."
Additionally, keyword search results are now weighted based on relevance, and search results are prioritized based on the greatest number of product matches. And buyers are also now able to identify which field - for example, Catalog Gallery, category, etc. - matches their request.
Buyers can create and save "walking lists" of NYIGF exhibitors upon conducting searches on the site. This service can be used onsite during the Fair events, and archived searches can be adjusted and updated with each show cycle to reflect new product offerings and information.
NYIGF said usage of its online interactive features have grown "exponentially" since they were first introduced two years ago.
Buyers who create an online profile can access customized exhibitor lists, exhibitor show specials and new product announcements. Attendees also can register online, in advance, for free admission to NYIGF. Those who have attended past shows can update their contact information, and add or delete names of additional staff. The website also provides access to seminar and event information as well as travel and hotel discounts."
NYIGF noted it continues to offer an on-site mobile application for basic exhibitor and category searches for ease of navigation and orientation on the exhibit floor. The mobile application will be adapted for all smart phone platforms and will be available for download as of January 1, 2011.
The upcoming New York International Gift Fair is scheduled Jan. 29 to Feb. 3 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...