Chris Kennedy exits MMPI
HTT Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 6/30/2011 10:12:19 AM
Chicago - Christopher Kennedy has stepped down from the position of president of Merchandise Mart Properties (MMPI), which owns New York showroom building 7 W New York and produces several gift shows around the country.
Saying he has enjoyed his tenure with the company, he added that he is "young enough to start a new career - and old enough to know how."
Kennedy will serve as a consultant to MMPI through the end of March 2012.
Mark Falanga, a 17-year veteran of MMPI, will take over as president, effective July 23. Falanga most recently served as senior vice president, managing leasing, marketing and business development for several of MMPI's businesses, including commercial furnishings, LuxeHome, office, retail and art, plus heading up MMPI's acquisitions efforts.
In addition, Myron Maurer, who has been with the company for 24 years, is taking on the newly created role of coo, also effective July 23. He will oversee day-to-day operations of MMPI's properties in the U.S. as well as its consumer and trade shows in the U.S. and Canada.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...