Ikea to test electric vehicle stations at some stores
HTT Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 7/13/2011 12:22:38 PM
Conshohocken, Pa. - Ikea will install Blink electric vehicle charging stations at 10 stores in Arizona, California, Oregon and Washington later this year, its first such initiative.
Stores will have at least two stations, and the pilot program between ECOtality and Ikea will last through December 2012.
"We are excited this partnership will make charging stations more accessible to the many people choosing to drive electric vehicles," said Mike Ward, Ikea U.S. president. "Hosting charging stations at Ikea locations known for regional draws furthers our commitment to a smaller carbon footprint and technological opportunities that help protect the environment. This project is part of a global effort to promote the sustainable transport of people."
We would love your feedback!
- Jul 26, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...