NYIGF lines up events for At Home
HTT Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 5/21/2012 8:13:19 AM
White Plains, N.Y. - The At Home section of the New York International Gift Fair will host a variety of events during the summer session, which takes place Aug. 18-22 at New York's Javits Center and Pier 94.
There will be an At Home welcome celebration Aug. 18 from 5:00-6:00 p.m. at Pier 94. At the event, ASID's NY Metro Chapter will bestow its "Best of the Best NYIGF Summer 2012 Awards" to At Home exhibitors in seven categories: Imaginative Product Presentation; Innovative Product Design; Social Responsibility / Ecological Sensitivity; Lighting; Accessories; Textiles; and Wall Art.
Also Aug. 18, the ART (Accessories Resource Team) will facilitate "Retailer Roundtables," open forum discussions will address social media, in-store events, store operations, retail competition, open to buy budgeting, credit card policies and more. The sessions will run from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.. in the Pier 94 Café.
"Open House - What's Hot in Home Design?" will take place Aug. 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Warren Shoulberg , editorial director of Home Textiles Today and Gifts & Decorative Accessories, will lead a panel discussion featuring Susan Feldman, One Kings Lane co-founder and chief merchandising officer, and Laurie Pressman, Pantone vp of fashion, home + interiors.
New York's Chapter of the International Furnishings & Design Association (IFDA) will sponsor "Color Trends and Practical Applications" on Aug. 20, from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Doty Horn of Color Voyant, a color marketing company, will preview color trends for 2013-14. Lisa White, creative director of WGSN, the online trend-analysis and research, will present seasonal Macro Trends which predict interior and fashion translations of these color directions.
In a first-ever partnership with NYIGF, the Fashion Group International will host "Double Dossier: Fashion Designers on Home. Home Design Redefined" on Aug. 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Designer, Ralph Rucci of Chado Ralph Rucci, and others will address lifestyle trends between the worlds of fashion apparel and home design.
The Home Textiles Market Week "Best New Product Awards," selected by a panel of trade and consumer editors, will be announced Aug. 21.
We would love your feedback!
- Jun 14, 2012
- Jul 31, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...