Ross, TJX raise outlooks
HTT Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 2/7/2013 2:17:29 PM
New York - Coming off the January reporting period, off-price chains Ross Stores and TJX Cos. have both offered revised guidance.
For 52-week year ending Feb. 1, 2014, Ross is forecasting same store sales to grow 1% to 2% on top of robust 6% and 5% increases in the prior two years, respectively. And fiscal 2013 earnings per share are projected to be $3.65 to $3.80. Excluding the estimated 10 cents per share from the 53rd week in fiscal 2012, this guidance represents forecasted earnings per share growth of 6% to 11% on top of an estimated 20% increase in 2012 and a 24% gain in 2011.
TJX Companies raised its outlook for fourth quarter earnings per share to be approximately 80 to 81 cents, a 29% to 31% increase over last year."
For the full year, TJX is boosted its guidance for earnings per share to be approximately $2.53 to $2.54, which would represent growth of more than 25% year-over-year.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...