Capel to launch Cococozy Blog-based collection at High Point
HTT Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 4/11/2013 1:48:41 PM
Troy, N.C. - Capel Rugs has teamed up with blogger and textiles designer Coco, founder of the popular design blog Cococozy, to create a high-tech and exclusive line of fashion-forward licensed rugs.
Set to launch at High Point Market, the new collection draws from the works and inspirations of Coco, who is known for creating "effortlessly cool interiors on her blog," Capel noted. "Coco has translated her unique graphic design aesthetic into rug collections that are colorful and comfortable, with a fresh California twist."
Coco, who prefers to be identified only by the nickname given to her as a child by her grandmother, said she has always wanted to design rugs "because they are such an important part of decorating."
Her new Capel collection is divided into five collections spanning 24 styles. The "California-cool" Cococozy rugs are hand-knotted of 100% wool in an Indo Tibetan weave construction. The design portfolio centers on Coco's signature looks and textures in a variety of lively colors, including pink, navy and peacock blue. Each rug in the line can be freely mixed and matched, with themes ranging from the bold to demure.
"The quality and design of Cococozy for Capel rugs are exceptional," said Allen Robertson, vp of sales.
Based in Los Angeles, Coco launched her blog in 2008 to provide interior design and lifestyle inspiration. In 2011, she took her business strategy to the next level by creating a luxury line of textiles - pillows, throws, bedding and drapery. All are made in the U.S. and designed by Coco under the Cococozy brand. The collection was recently expanded to include an assortment of accessories such as soy candles and tabletop items.
Today, the blog boasts about five million page views per year and more than 80,000 daily followers on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
In January 2013, Cococozy was awarded the Best New Product Award at the New York International Gift Fair.
Coco will be on hand when Capel celebrates the collection during High Point Market at a special "Cocktails with Coco" event April 22 at 4 p.m. in the company's showroom at Market Square, Space 112.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...