Big Lots taps Stein to head marketing
HTT Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 10/21/2013 1:59:20 PM
Columbus, Oho - Big Lots Inc. has appointed Andrew Stein as its senior vice president, chief customer officer.
He reports directly to David Campisi, ceo and president.
Stein hails from Kmart, where he spent several years working in various positions, most recently as vp and chief marketing officer - a role he held since August 2011. His responsibilities included building the integrated retail strategy which produced the viral video "Ship My Pants," a campaign that recently received special honors from The Hub Magazine, 4 Cannes Gold Lion Awards, and has recorded more than 29 million views on YouTube. He is also credited with having made significant contributions to Kmart's multi-cultural marketing initiative.
Prior to Kmart, Stein held senior positions with IBM Global Business Consulting Services, Montgomery Ward & Co., Foot Locker Corporation, and Razorfish.
At Big Lots, Stein will oversee consumer engagement and customer messaging, including marketing, advertising, brand development, and merchandise presentation. His responsibilities also include enhancing the company's internet presence and further development of biglots.com; expanding the use of digital marketing and social media; and integrating the recently broadened Buzz Club Rewards loyalty program.
Campisi said Big Lots' knows "our marketing approach needs to evolve from one of traditional advertising means, such as print and television, to the digital age including social media, omni-channel, blogging and viral messaging. We believe these channels, which will be new to Big Lots, will allow us to efficiently, and effectively, reinvigorate the Big Lots brand with our core customer and reintroduce us to a consumer segment that hasn't been fully engaged recently."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...