Cotton Orgs Partner
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 11/4/2013 2:00:00 AM
NEW YORK - Cotton Incorporated and Cotton Australia have banded together to create the Cotton Leads program to ensure brands, retailers and manufacturers are sourcing cotton that is grown in a responsible and transparent manner.
The two countries generate approximately 17% of the world's cotton.
The program emphasizes commitment to social, environmental, economic, and regulatory factors as well as investment, research, and sharing of best practices among growers. Utilimately, the program promotes a cotton identification system that traces the fiber from farm to manufacturer.
"Cotton Leads is designed to assist businesses along the cotton supply chain with their sustainability goals," says Berrye Worsham, president and ceo of Cotton Incorporated. "Apparel brands, retailers, and manufacturers require large volumes and a reliable supply of responsibly produced fiber, as well as proof of responsible production."
For more information, visit www.cottonleads.org.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...