Nourison Joins Sustainable Furnishings Council
Home Textiles Today Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 12/2/2013 2:00:00 AM
SADDLE BROOK, N.J. - Rug and home accessory manufacturer Nourison is the newest member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council.
The Sustainable Furnishings Council is a non-profit coalition of industry players to promote sustainable practices among manufacturers, retailers and consumers. Members are encouraged to put the SFC logo on websites and marketing materials to help promote the organization's sustainability mission.
"SFC is thrilled to have welcomed Nourison as our newest member in rugs and carpets. They are an innovative and dynamic company, committed to excellence in product development and in education," said Susan Inglis, executive director of the SFC. "Their involvement with us is bound to have far-reaching effects in bringing about the implementation of more best practices for sustainability."
Of Nourison's products, 95% are made of New Zealand wool pile from Wools of New Zealand branded wool, and are certified Green Label Plus.
"Wools from New Zealand are universally acknowledged as the purest, whitest wool on the planet," said Andrew Peykar, Nourison vice president. "They are the summit of quality, in terms of softness, durability and color clarity."
Nourison says its selection of sustainable materials also promotes the sufficiency of communities worldwide.
"In these villages, where sheep herding and cotton farming are a way of life, the animals are treated with care and respect, and the natural materials are harvested and process with pride," Peykar said.
Nourison works with the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) to have many of its rugs certified as Green Label Plus. This independent testing and certification, done in conjunction with the Environmental Protection Agency, ensures that certified rugs contribute to the highest level of indoor air quality, by helping reduce volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and emissions.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...