Atlanta January markets hit new traffic highs
H&TT Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 1/15/2014 12:46:24 PM
Atlanta - Upon the 6 p.m. closing bell Tuesday at the AmericasMart International Gift & Home Furnishings Market, which kicked off last week, the event - and its concurrent International Area Rug Market - posted strong traffic increases in national and international attendance, including record first-to-market buyer numbers.
On-site actual registrations for the eight-day market showed healthy year-over-year gains of up to 53% posted on key attendance days. Preliminary hotel occupancy results reports indicated an increase in the average length of stay per attendee to 4.2 days - "the highest recorded since 2006," AmericasMart noted.
The Market's first-time buyer total - a measure of new buyers having not attended any previous Atlanta AmericasMart market - experienced high double-digit increases.
And there was a higher representation of attendees from all national regions beyond the show's principal Southeastern base, including the Midwest and West Coast along with more international presence beyond the Americas.
We would love your feedback!
- Aug 16, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...