AMC Inc. president, coo Jeffrey L. Portman Sr. named vice chairman
Home & Textiles Today Staff -- Home & Textiles Today, 2/3/2014 2:12:41 PM
The board made the announcement at the conclusion of its Jan. 21 quarterly meeting.
Portman has served as president and chief operating officer of Atlanta-based AMC Inc., parent company of Americasmart Atlanta, for the past 13 years. He will continue to serve in these capacities in addition to his new responsibilities.
Portman's tenure dates to the mid-1960s, when he was first employed by AMC to work on the loading dock of what was then the Atlanta Merchandise Mart.
His professional career spans more than 35 years in commercial real estate development and management, including his leadership of the Atlanta Decorative Arts Center (ADAC) as general manager from June 1986 through July 1994, at which time he was appointed executive vice president of AMC Inc.
Then in 1996, he helped spearhead the rebranding of the former Atlanta Market Center as Americasmart Atlanta. His election as AMC president and chief operating officer followed in February 2001.
Under his presidency and leadership, Americasmart Atlanta and Light Fair International, for which AMC serves as managing partner, have been named to the Trade Show Executive magazine Gold 100 listing of the world's largest and most significant trade shows. Americasmart's January and July markets have also been named to the Trade Show News Network Top-250 listing of the largest U.S. shows, ranking third and fifth, respectively, in consecutive years.
Portman serves on the Executive Committee of the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau and on the board of The Lovett School, his alma mater.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...